As BrainEv’s brainwave developer Michael Kelley says in the Level 2 video, “Level 2 is designed to increase your ability to deal with situations that interfere with your calm and focus”, and boy was that true for my last Level 2 practice last night- I practiced with my roommate and his friend watching TV semi-loudly in the same room! Obviously not ideal, but it was the only time I could get my practice in, and sure enough, after some initial struggling, I did reach a deep state of relaxation and didn’t notice the TV after the first 10 minutes or so.
My dreams have continued to be very vivid as I’ve been more consistent with my practice, which I find to be an enjoyable and interesting side effect.
As I reviewed my Level 2 posts, I can see the progress that I’m making over time. It’s remarkable to me how easy it is to use Level 2 now compared to the first week of using it. I’m also noticing a lot more coming out of my BrainEv sessions, like the visualizations and vivid dreams. I revisited my goals list from the end of Level 1, and wanted to reword/re-prioritize them a bit, as well as write how I think things are going with each:
- Decrease stress levels and increase “being in a ‘flow state’” in my everyday life – I definitely feel a decrease in stress levels when using BrainEv, so progress is being made here!
- Enable and support positive rewiring and reprogramming of my brain – I also feel like BrainEv is helping me make major strides on this goal as well
- Reach and explore new, deeper states of relaxation and mind – Starting to get into this with the visualization/vivid dreams, and the sleep paralysis I experienced that one day. Hopefully Level 3 will bring more of this!
- Open a new channel of awareness and free myself from my mind by “watching the thinker” (see Eckhart Tolle’s “The Power of Now”) – Can’t say I’ve focused much on this at all. Should do so moving forward.
- Begin and boost a lifelong love and daily practice of meditation – This is starting to take shape!
Overall, Level 2 was an encouraging and fun experience, even though it took me WAYYYY too long to complete. Tomorrow I’m starting Level 3- can’t wait!!!